The ground work is in place for this inaugural event to happen! We hope you will join us!!!
- WHEN: August 16-18, 2019 – Friday-Sunday
- WHERE: Winthrop Harbor Yacht Club in North Point Marina, Winthrop Harbor, Illinois (WHYC)
Schedule of Events
- Boat arrivals and registration.
- Meet & greet, group cookout with hotdogs/brats, condiments and side dishes provided. Grills are available if you prefer to bring your own protein.
- 8:30-9:30am / Breakfast provided
- 10:00am-Noon / Seminars on boating topics featuring Mack Boring representing Yanmar diesels. Additional speakers to be announced.
- 12:00-1:00pm / Lunch provided
- 12:45-1:00pm / Race instructions during end of lunch
- 1:00-1:30pm / Boats leave docks for fun race. Land activities will be provided for those not wishing to race.
- 2:00pm / Start of fun race
- 4:00-6:00pm / Relaxation, yard games and camaraderie
- 6:00pm / Happy hour gathering
- 6:30pm / Dinner catered by Tropics
- 8:00-midnight / Rendezvous party with the Jimmy LeRose Band sponsored by Mack Boring
- Breakfast available by WHYC $5.00 per person. End of event and departure for home ports.
Price per person is $55.00 or $45.00 if you sign up by May 31st. Includes an event T-shirt, Friday night cookout, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner and live music Saturday night! And of course – give-aways of good stuff!!!
North Point Marina has graciously offered a discount to Rendezvous participants of 50% off transient slip fees. The normal fee is $1 per foot, per night. Pool passes can be purchased for $5.00 per person. To make reservations, go to www.dockwa.com and be sure to put in the notes section that you are part of the Rendezvous to get the discount.
WHYC will provide a cash bar during meals and activities. Yacht Club rules require that any alcohol being consumed on the club property be purchased from the WHYC bar when it is open. Personal alcohol is allowed on boats and docks anytime, and on club property when the bar is closed.
Winthrop Harbor is located near the Wisconsin Illinois border – a perfect sail from downtown Chicago or from the Wisconsin harbors and a perfect destination from points beyond.
Please pass this on to fellow Beneteau owners we may have missed.